I am excited to share that I have been nominated for a second Liebster Award by Perth Girl. Check out her page at The “F” Word “Faith, Family and Food” – three of my favorite things 😁. Thank you the nomination beloved 🤗
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
4. Nominate 11 blogger(s) and make them happy
5. Make up 11 questions and ask them to your nominees.
6. Notify your 11 nominees
11 Facts about me
- I do a lot of self talk – I’m the girl you will see walking around the house (and even outside) having a talk with herself
- I love God – it seems cliche but I’ve loved Him all my life, I have not always honored Him with my actions but I always come back around to loving on Him
- I journal to God – each journal entry begins with Dear Abba or Dear Father
- I’m a mom to a 16 moving on to 17 year old boy turning man
- I’m single, never been married – I had my son at age 14, was pregnant at 13
- I graduated High School one year later, age 15
- I’m an introvert
- I love books – I may have an unhealthy obsession 🙈
- I love thrifting – Goodwill has become a store I frequent
- I am on the journey of giving up TV shows/movies for a year
- I live in a multi-generational deeply rooted Jamaican home
Questions asked of me…
1. What Inspired you to start writing?
I’ve always had a knack for writing. I’m big on journaling, scribbling, taking notes and so I decided that because I want to eventually be an author, taking that leap of faith to put my work into action was what God wanted me to do. I also love to encourage and find that I get a lot of “message topics” like preachers do so since I’m not a good public speaker (yet), writing is a good outlet.
2. Do you listen to music while you write?
3. In two words or less, how would you describe your sense of Humour?
4. What is your favourite quote?
Tough one – I don’t have a favorite – it depends on the situation at hand
5. What are you reading at the moment?
Too many books – ugh! Apart from my Word, I’m also reading Fasting by Jentezen Franklin, Practice the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence and Christian Caregiving a Way of Life.
6. What do you wish you were better at?
Discipline!!! In exercising as well as in my spiritual walk
7. If you could be on a talk show which one would you choose and why?
Dunno – don’t watch talk shows
8. What is your least favourite food?
9. What meal or dish can you make really well?
Does boiling water count? Lol. I’m good at pretty much most Jamaican dishes and some American too (rice and peas, oxtails, curried chicken/goat, Mac and cheese, French fried chicken – hungry yet?) 😋
10. What is favourite thing to do when you have time by yourself?
11. What is your favourite trip you took and why?
Trip to America when I was about 7. My mom had migrated to make a better life for my family and I had not seen her for a long period (to a child, time is long and so I’m uncertain how long she was actually away). Being reunited with her…indescribable 🙌🏼
My questions to the nominees (same as above). I nominate the following bloggers if you choose to participate (No Pressure Whatsoever).
Joy over by Joy Cottage
Maggie over by Maggie Tiggles
Dee over by Sealed in Christ
Amy over by A New Life